Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!!!

 I hope all of our moms had a wonderful day and that you enjoyed what your child put together for you in class.  I thought I took a lot more pictures of your children working on their gift, but I guess not. 


Anyway here are some pictures of the making of the bookmarks.


Here are two examples of the "before" shots we took one day after testing.  The background is a mess, but it didn't matter since each picture would be cut out.


After gluing each picture onto cardstock and carefully cutting them out, I ran into a problem.  How was I going to cut out the middle of each picture, for the children who clasped their hands together, without bending the picture or ruining it?  

I brought home all the soon-to-be bookmarks and then sorted them on the coffee table.  

Here is a pile of the students that held up one hand, so they were easy to cut out.



And here is the pile of clasped hands that I needed help with.

Soooo... I asked my husband to use a razor to help cut out the center of these pictures.  He used a razor and piece of scrap molding to carefully cut out the middle.







Finally, everyone was ready to be laminated, cut out again, and hole punched for the ribbon to be tied.  I hope you liked them!  I would also like to add that when my husband was helping me, he never asked what this was for.  When I finally told him I thought that was really weird of you to not ask, he then said, oh those are your students??  Seriously?!

No comments:

Post a Comment